Friday, June 19, 2009

OUM & Software

Some time ago I got a question in a comment if the Oracle Unified Method (OUM) is or will contain any software components like we used to have with CDM (like CDM RuleFrame and Headstart).

The answer is no. And the reason is as follows.

CDM was restricted to Oracle Designer/Developer and the usage of the Oracle Database with that. OUM is not based upon any specific tool set, just simply because there are that many that (currently) it simply is impossible to do so. Maybe someday, when we "fused" all our products into one consistent tool stack, who knows ... But I don't see that happing in a future near me.

On the other hand, I hope we will be able to add some technology and even tool specific guidance to OUM for some of the tools we have.

5 comments:

IT solutions Mumbai said...

Thanks allot for shearing this knowledge with us i accepted it.

dubai hotels said...

It makes absolutely sense to me and has proven practical approach to a lot of time in advance. In the most original and unique products that our editors, there are spiders on the net and brought together the best articles from Oracle database, new resources and product blogs and then just go somewhere.

Unknown said...

Interesting blog, i usally be aware all about all different kind of sofware. i am online all the time, and this action allow me to see a site costa rica homes for sale and i like it too much. beyond all doubt without my computer i never would have seen this site too.

Cheap iPhone Application said...

I appreciated on your work effort.How you devoted for you work.I really inspired form your effort.Really you are extraordinary

oracle ebs r12 said...

Thank you so much for this informative post. Lately I've been asking myself some question about CDM operation because I'm a senior developer and I had noticed that I have yet to learn all of the basic features it has to offer!